Are you Going to the Home Show?
Are you going to the Calgary home show? The Calgary Home and Garden show is coming up at the end of February and if you are planning a renovation then I highly recommend checking it out. The Home Show can be a little overwhelming, but if you have a plan going in then it can be quite helpful. Here are a few tips that might help you maximize your time while at the show.
Think about what needs you must address:
- What project are you attacking? (Kitchen reno, bathroom reno, landscaping, full home building, etc...)
- What do you need help with in your project? (Design help, general contractor, permit assistance, etc...)
- What's important to you? (Local production, low cost, high quality, time line, etc...)
EKKO Cabinetry 2015 Home Show Display
- Bring a backpack or bag (You will be getting tons of information, like business cards and brochures, so have something to put all in.)
- Wear comfy shoes (Walking on concrete floors for a couple hours can really do a number on your back and feet.)
- Bring a note pad and a pen or pencil (It's good to take notes when talking to everyone so you can remember some details after the show.)
- Make a list of questions to ask the professionals. (Get all your questions addressed)
- Bring a special folder to put all the cards and brochures of all your favorite Contractors and Designers. (Because you will be getting so many cards and brochures...)
EKKO Cabinetry 2017 Home Show Display (Picture #1)
- Prime time to attend (If you want uninterrupted time with a vendor try to aim for the slow hours/days. Thursday and Friday afternoons [12:00pm-4:30pm] are fairly quiet at the home show so if you don't want to fight the crowds that would be the best time to go.)
- Parking advisory (If you are driving down be sure to check if there is a parking advisory. If there is a Flames game or another event, then the parking lot can fill up fast. It can also make traffic in and out a nightmare... Just plan accordingly and you will be fine. You can also train down as the BMO center is right next to the LRT)
EKKO Cabinetry 2017 Home Show Display (Picture #2)
Execute your plan:
- Map out your targets. (When you enter the home show there should be a brochure with a list of all the vendors and a map of where to find them. Map out your targeted vendors and ATTACK!) Here is a link to the exhibitors list https://calgaryhgs.com/exhibitor-list
- Don't linger at a booth if it doesn't interest you. (If a booth doesn't interest you just move on, otherwise you may have to listen to an unwanted sales pitch... Also clear space for those who are interested in said booth)
We have a brand new display this year that is sure to impress and we would love to have you come visit us! Our booth is #520.
Also our very own Dave Turcotte (CKBD-Certified Kitchen & Bath Designer and AKBD-Associate Kitchen and Bath Designer) will be working the "Ask An Expert" Booth on Saturday February 29th between 3:00pm-4:00pm, so feel free to swing by with any questions you may have for him.
The "Ask An Expert" Booth
We look forward to seeing you there!
Ekko Custom Kitchen Cabinetry and Design of Calgary
32 – 4th Street N.E.
Calgary, Alberta T2E 3R7
Email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website at : www.ekkocabinetry.com