The Design Process – while Ekko Custom Cabinetry & Design supplies cabinetry for all areas of the home, the Kitchen is considered the ”Heart of the Home” and by far the most popular room to renovate. Would you like to breathe “new life” into your existing kitchen, or your home for that matter? Planning is the most important step in the renovation process - the more you do, the smoother and more enjoyable the project.
Our designers will typically ask the following questions to get the design process started :
- How long do you plan to live in this home? Is this project to help in re-sale …… or do you desire a kitchen designed for better entertaining ……. one that allows for more than one person to cook ? Excellent time to discuss and assess your needs and desires.
- What do you like / dislike about your existing Kitchen ?
- How many people live in your home ? Our designers want to ensure we are providing what works best for your household.
- Where do you eat your meals ? Do you need a table and/or an island ?
How many place settings ?
- Do you entertain ? Do you have large or small gatherings? Do guests/family help in the kitchen ?
- Do you have a cabinet style preference …….. have you been browsing through magazines, watching Decorating Shows and “Googling” sites (such as Houzz) for inspiration. Are you thinking of painted or stained cabinetry ..... or a combination of both ?
- Are you considering removing a wall or two for a more open concept? Do you have a contractor …….. or will this be a DIY (Do It Yourself) project ?
- Purchasing new appliances …….. have you begun looking yet ?
- Type of flooring ? Hardwood ? Tile ?
- Countertop materials .... Granite ... . Quartz ... etc. ?
- Do you have a budget in mind ?
- Do you have a start or completion date in mind …. is there an upcoming event ?
These are great questions to consider in the renovation process. In any case, the steps below are the best way to continue …. or, get started.
1.) Visit our showroom – this is often the first step. This is your opportunity to see our range of product designs, features and colours. This may be your first meeting with one of our designers. Typically there is a designer on duty during business hours but occasionally we have to be on site for an unexpected meeting. If possible, call ahead to arrange an appointment. Bring any plans or inspirational pictures you’ve collected but don’t worry if you don’t have any of these in hand …… first meetings are often to explore options, go over preliminary designs and ideas …. get the process started .
2.) Visit Your Home – this is our first opportunity to visit your home. We can experience the entire space and take down all the necessary information about the existing and surrounding areas – to consider options and opportunities.
3.) Prepare a Design for Your Review – Now that we have space info and your input and expectations, we can create a floor plan for your review. This “to scale” design will give you a
preliminary layout, space relations and features that can be incorporated. It is a great starting point for arriving at the final design of your dream space.
4.) Create a Rendering – once the floor plan has been finalized, we can create a “Perspective Rendering” to help in final detail discussions and decisions. This picture will show you the look and function of your newly designed space.
5.) Manufacturing – Once the design is completed, we can place the order into production. The contract, pricing and designs are signed off by both parties and prepared for submission. We will then be able to designate a delivery date of product to our warehouse and set up preliminary scheduling for delivery to site and installation.