What You Need To Know To Get A New Kitchen Started
The Kitchen, in my opinion, is the Heart of the Home! Kitchens are by far the most popular room to renovate in a home. Are you at a point that you’d like to breath ‘new’ life into your existing kitchen? Planning is the most important step in the whole renovation process – the more pre-planning you can do, the smoother and more enjoyable the project will go. So… You want a new Kitchen? Here’s everything you need to know to get started…
When you meet with a designer at EKKO Cabinetry & Design the following are some questions that will be asked in order to get the design process started:
1) How Long do you plan on living in this home? Is this a project that you want to complete to help in re-sale in a few years? Or is this a home where you desire a kitchen built for better entertaining or one that allows for more than one person to cook at the same time? This is the time to discuss and assess your needs and desires.
2) What do you like about your existing Kitchen? What do you dislike?
3) How many people live in the home? The designers at EKKO Cabinetry & Design put a lot of thought into the finale layout and make sure that it works best for your household.
4) Where do you eat your meals? If it is in your kitchen, do you need a table or would you prefer to sit at an island? How may stools do you require?
5) Do you entertain frequently? If so, do you have large or small gatherings? Do your guests/family help in the kitchen when you entertain?
6) Do you have a style preference for your new kitchen? Since you’re thinking about renovating, odds are you’ve been browsing through magazines, watching Decorating Shows and Googling sites like HOUZZ to give you some inspiration. Are you thinking of painted cabinetry?… Stained?… Or a combination of both?
7) Are you considering removing a wall or two to provide an open concept design? Do you have a contractor that you will be working with? Or will this be a DIY project?
8) Will you be purchasing new appliances?
9) Type of flooring? Hardwood? Tile?
10) Have you considered Countertop Materials?… Granite… Quartz… Ect..
11) Do you have a budget in mind? When would you like your project to begin and/or be completed?
It is quite amazing, that while discussing these questions, it can jumpstart the ‘new’ design concept for your ‘new’ kitchen! The wheels are now in motion and the fun begins!
EKKO Cabinetry & Design would like to invite you to our Show Room in Calgary – We would love to be a part of the design process with you! Check out our website at www.ekkocabinetry.com and our reviews at www.homestars.com
Design & Sales Consultant
Ekko Cabinetry Ltd – Calgary, AB
32—4th ST N.E.
Calgary, AB T2E 3R7